Kevin Kelly remains an amazing intellectual force. In this podcast – of a presentation he gave at the Web 2.0 conference back in November - he presents his 6 characteristics of our relationship with the future web:
- Screening, every surface will be a window to information
- Interacting, we will be IN the web, not on it, with full body interface to ubiquitous data.
- Sharing. Anything that can be shared will be shared, and when information is shared it will increase in value.
- Flowing, data will be organized like streams, moving forward, weaving together the data emitted by every object and every person. The default mode is always on
- - Accessing. Without owning. You don’t buy individual items – books, music, films – you access it when you need it.
- Generating, raw data will have little value, but qualities that are generated for a particular context will be where the money is.
The whole thing lasts 20 minutes. You will feel wiser afterwards.